Friday, June 3, 2011

Beautiful People

When I read those words and I think about music, names like Marilyn Manson come to mind, or even Sly and the Family Stone or Arrested Development (just on some stream of consciousness, really)..or more recently, I wrote about a dope song from Nina Sky called, fittingly, "Beautiful People."

The kid Chris Brown has certainly taken some heat in past years for his treatment of then lady-in-his-life Rihanna, and like many of you, I've got my own opinion on that whole deal. It's hard to support artists at times when they go wrong in the real world. But, I try to recognize that nobody is perfect, and people can change. I'm not saying Brown has his act together or anything like that, because frankly, I don't really follow him like that, so I don't know. But, my man Supa Qool DJ Quartermaine has brought something to my attention recently that definitely piques my interest and has me wondering what could be...

I can't really say that I'm feeling the Benny Benassi-produced original of this song here, because it doesn't quite hit the mark for what my ears want.

BUT, hold up!! Q breathes a different life into this tune, and makes it into something that house, hip-hop and r&b lovers can vibe to. Yet another case where the b-side wins...or, the remix, or whatever...you get the drift!

Turn it UP!!

Chris Brown - Beautiful People Follow Me (The Quartermaine Blend) by thequartermaine

No comments: