Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Just for fun

Although I've gotten rid of a bunch of records in recent years, I still have a good sized collection. I don't know that I'll ever get rid of all of them, under any circumstances. For me, there are few things in this world as grounding and energizing as playing my records; every time I put the needle to the groove, I'm reminded of why I DJ and why I love music as much as I do. This stuff keeps me sane.

And while I did not grow up on house music, I'm thankful to the folks who have put me up on electronic music over the years, be it House, Electro, Drum n Bass and whatever other iterations of computer-based music that have found their way into my crates.

Lately I've been re-visiting this excellent compilation from BBE Records called "Mad Styles & Crazy Visions," which was put together by none other than Louie Vega of Masters At Work. (The compilation is available as a 4-LP un-mixed collection, or as a 3-CD pack, with one disc being the mixed set from Louie, and the other 2 containing the un-mixed tunes.)

Here is one of the songs that stands out to me. I don't know much of anything about the artist Abstract Truth, the vocalist Monique Bingham, or the remixer Matthias "Matty" Heilbronn, but I know enough to pass this along and let you in on how great this music is. Hit me in the comments or on email if you want/need a copy and I'm happy to share. Or of course you can get it on Amazon or Traxsource.



Photobucket

No comments: