Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Close Edge

I put this mix together just recently as a demo of sorts, really just something to move the crowd. It includes some electro/house/hip-hop stuff and some straight club and hip-hop stuff as well, ranging from independent/progressive to big mainstream radio hits. Folks who know me may be surprised with some of these selections, but it's all about the context and the vibe... I understand that not everyone can tell a good DJ from a mediocre/wack DJ, and some folks dig deeper than others in their music listening habits, so I'm trying to bridge the gap a bit with some more recognizable tracks and some less known tracks.

Over the years I've become familiar with and had the pleasure to listen to and learn from a lot of dope DJs, where skill and crate knowledge were the primary job requirements. I'm not sure if those attributes are as much the case with your average "DJ" in 2008, but that's where I come from, and that's what I'm trying to do. Without further delay, here it is...so see what you think. Hope you enjoy it.



1. Eric B & Rakim - Juicy (DJ Eli remix)
2. Windimoto - Don't Let Me Leave Alone (Nicolay remix)
3. Poly - My Emotion
4. Fergie - Glamorous feat. Ludacris
5. King Tutt - Justin remix
6. Usher - Love in This Club
7. Usher - Confessions Pt. II
8. Trick Daddy - I'm A Thug
9. Justin Timberlake - Cry Me A River
10. Game - Dreams


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we actually have conversations about this all the time. these days with serato, i kinda think guys are taking the easy route just mixing the same records everyone else does. dope post man!

Wondermike said...

i thought i was the only one who noticed? haha, yeah man, i love the progression, and i can't (and won't) hate on those who do it right and do it well, but no doubt there is something lost in translation. thanks for the feedback...